The Australian Department of Home Affairs recently announced that it will be introducing 2 new visas in November 2019:
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa: for people sponsored by an employer.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa: for people sponsored by an eligible family member or nominated by a state/territory.
Note: The new subclass numbers are not available yet.
These visas are not that dissimilar to the current subclass 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa, with the exception that instead of postcodes there will be a simple system where regional is ALL of Australia except for:
- Gold Coast.
The other exciting thing about these visas is that there will be over 700 (yes – 700) eligible occupations for the employer-sponsored version, and over 500 for the skilled work version.
Both visas will have a 3-year pathway to permanent residency via the new Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa, which will take effect with the first batch of new visa holders in November 2022.
If you’d like to know more about these visas for when they are released, get in touch with one of our Registered Migration Agents or case managers and we’ll notify you when they’re available to apply for, and when you need to start the application process.Have questions about your Australian visa application or status? Want to apply to study, work or live in Australia?Get in touch with the Dr Visa Team at:
- LINE: @cpinter (Thailand/global) or @cpintermel (Australia)
- Phone: +6622781236 (Thailand) or +61396025355 (Australia)
- Email: email@example.com
- Or Book a Consultation with an Australian Registered Migration Agent or Offshore Migration Consultant today!